Wednesday, September 21, 2005

4 Mile Tempo Run

Today we did a surprising tempo run...taper my A$$! G wanted us to get our feet moving quickly and off of the track so this was the workout for the day. It was a little cooler and drier than it has been in awhile. We did a one mile warmup, did our drills, and then took off.

I didn't plan on a PR run since the run was totally in the dark and I didn't want to risk taking a misstep or a dive with two weeks to go until Chicago. I went out pretty conservatively with Sean and picked up the pace with every mile. I ended up wth a 1:31 negative split. I guess I really sandbagged the first couple of miles, but it is nice to know I have that extra gear to finish strong and not feel like crap. I ended up a minute slower than my PR back when it was light out in the AM and 50 seconds off my last tempo in August.

Splits - 7:39, 7:21, 6:47, 6:42

I did 8 strides and then headed out. My legs felt really good after the workout. I did some stretching at home before I headed to work and will hit the abs tonight.

Stats - Overall - 5.91 Miles
Pace Run - 4.06 miles/28:52/7:07 Pace
AHR - 153
MHR - 170

The buzz around the office and the city is the hurricane Rita. It is now a category 5 hurricane and definitely headed to Texas. Who knows how it will affect Austin? I just hope it avoids Houston and hits in a more sparsely populated area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home