Monday, September 26, 2005

Fartleks on the Trail

Today we did Fartleks on the 7 mile loop on the trail. It was really warm this AM coming off the incredible 108 degree high yesterday...freakin' crazy! I did the 2 mile warmup with Anne and then had to stop to fix the timer on my watch. I meant to set it for 2 mins on and 45 seconds off, but it set at 2 hours and 45 minutes. I yelled up to her, but she didn't hear me. I stopped for a hydration adjustment and jumped in with Sean, Patrick, Jan, Thon, and Greta. I paced with them for awhile and then everyone started dropping off. It was just Thon, Greta and I until the Rock and then it was just Greta and I on the way back. We did the fartleks until just past the little foot bridge and then jogged back.

It was a nice little workout. I went to the gym and did a good ab workout and then did the full stretch routine.

Stats - 7.03 miles/1:01:31/8:45 pace
AHR - 138
MHR - 161

Final instructions from G since I am running IBM this weekend.

This week - Tues/Thurs - 4 miles very easy; Weds - come to the workout and do the warmup and half the track workout; Rest Friday, Easy 4 miles on Saturday with stretching after

Next week - Sunday - IBM 10k at marathon pace or slower; Monday - Rest; Tuesday - easy 4 miles; Weds - Gazelle diagonal workout; Thurs/Friday - Rest; Saturday - easy 3 miles and stretching with the group in Chicago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home