Wednesday, November 09, 2005

1000s at AHS

Today we ran 1000s at AHS. The weather still sucks, but supposedly a cold front is coming through tonight. We jogged over from RunTex and then did our drills. I can't say the usual drills since I haven't done drills in over a month. Anyway we finished those and were off. G originally said 3-5 repeats, but kept changing his mind as we progressed. I ran with Jayna and Sean...kind of weird that is all that is left of my Chicago group. G said to run 4:10s, but we agreed on run how you feel for the first and then see what happens.

It turns out the first one was really slow, but we got progressively faster throughout the workout. We thought we were done at 4 repeats, but then G raised the minimum to 5 so we did one more. He tried to add a 6th one, but we were toast after doing the last one in sub four minutes.

Splits - 4:31.3, 4:25.8, 4:12.7, 4:10.3, 3:59.8
Average - 4:16

Overall my average was about 10 seconds slower than my times from August, but that's OK. It's my first track workout since 10/28 and the legs are still coming back. G wanted us to stick around and to some pull-ups (I can't) and 200 situps. I did 15 situps at the track and then headed back to RunTex. I didn't want to embarrass myself at the pull-up station. I went to the club and did my ab workout, some assisted pull-ups, and then a full stretch.

I am a bit sore now in my right glute and my back is still bothering me, so it is off to the chiropractor on Friday. He fixed me up pretty quick last summer so hopefully he can do the same again. Tomorrow is a 5-7 mile easy run in the neighborhood and we are doing Mount Bonnell on Saturday.

Stats - 8.38 miles
AHR 127
MHR 175

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home