Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tempo Run

The dreaded tempo run was on the schedule today. We met at 6AM and Marci and I were the only "regulars" there, but there were a lot of the Chicago folks there which was nice to see. We are all kind of trying to find our motivation/mojo for Freescale.

Anyway, we did a one mile warmup and drills and then headed out. I ran/raced with Marci again this morning. I didn't reset my Garmin so I was just able to take a split at the halfway point. My plan was to run how I feel and see how I it went. We ran pretty much stride for stride until the turn around and then I lost her. I was trying to chase down Jason which is hard to do since he has such an awesome kick. I ended up with a negative split and a relatively good time. We did 5 strides afterwards and then some drills which I really needed. I think I finally have the "higher, open" drill down and need to practice it at home more. I think it will help strengthen my glutes and keep my form good.

Tomorrow will be an easy 7 miles in the neighborhood and then it's off to the kitchen.

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Stats - 6.32 miles
Tempo Run - 4 miles/28:29/7:07 Pace
First two miles - 14:25
Last two miles - 14:04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home