Wednesday, January 11, 2006

2000s at Zilker

Today we met to run 2000s at Zilker. I was not up for this at all. It was in the 30s when I woke up and I just wanted to go to bed. My quads are still hurting from Sunday and I have soreness where Lucy kicked my butt yesterday on the massage table. I needed to get the mileage in so I went thinking I could go not as hard as usual.

We jogged over, did our drills and got started. I got into my usual group and really tanked the first one with Sean coming in at 9:57. I don't think I have ever run that slow during this workout. I was able to pick it up for the next two, but then went slower on the last one. I think I am still getting my legs back after being sick. The race only lengthened that process and I used myself up more than I probably should have.

Splits - 9:57, 8:43, 8:38, 8:50

I averaged 9:02 with the tank lap and 8:44 without it. I averaged 8:17 back in August so today's workout was a disaster. I will chalk it up to "one of those days" and not worry about it. I will run an easy 5-7 miles tomorrow, take Friday off and then we will run the 3M course on Saturday morning. Hopefully my legs will be back for next week's speed workouts.

Stats - 8.67 Miles with warmup, workout and cool down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home