Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fartleks...A Week Early!

Today I met the group for fartleks on the trail. This is our last longer speed workout before the race. The weather was in the high 30s, no wind, and perfectly clear. We did the 7 mile loop and started out with about a two mile/20 minute warmup and then started out on our 2 on/1 off fartleks. I let my small faster group take off and I settled into Jay's larger group with Marci and Sean. The group ended up doing 10 fartleks before we did the last mile as a cool down. I did 5 strides and headed home to get on a conference call. I was able to squeeze a brief stretch and then did 2x50 crunches and 2x25 leg extensions.

Stats 7 miles/~1:01:00 for the whole workout.

I am up in the air about my workout for tomorrow, but will probably just do 4-5 miles in the neighborhood before resting on Friday. I scheduled my massage for Monday and I should be good to go after that. The race day weather keeps changing, but I think for the better. The latest is cold, some rain, and wind out of the NE. That's a lot better than humid as hell and temps in the high 60s. I have done all I can do to prepare for this race and it will all come down to how I feel on race day and how we are blessed as far as weather goes. I am not going to nail down a specific goal until race day. Until then I will stay loose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home