Saturday, March 25, 2006

Cap 10K and Mt. Bonnell - LSR

Today we did a long run to kill two birds with one stone. One was to reaquaint ourselves with the Cap 10k course which is next Sunday and the other was to get in at least 15 miles to get ready for the Indy half in 6 weeks. The weather was still unseasonably cold with temps in the high 30s at the start. I still wore shorts since it has been warming up pretty quickly the past few mornings. We headed out onto Riverside, up Congress, across 15th to the street that runs parallel to Mopac and then down to Lake Austin Blvd. From there we headed east on Lake Austin and did the usual Mt. Bonnell route via scenic, and then back down Exposition to RunTex. I ran with Alex and Marcy most of the way and we saw Gazelles up and down the route. The Boston folks are tapering down and some other folks are getting ready for the OK City full and half marathons. We made a potty stop at the park near the Hula Hut, got water at the cleaners, on top of Mt. Bonnell, and at O'Henry. I took one Envervitene with me and drank half at the 5 and 10 mile mark.

The run was pretty good. Alex and I chatted about the "big brother" activities going on at work and Marcy filled us in about her week of eating and rest in Hawaii over spring break. We stuck together pretty closely until we got to O'Henry and then Marcy went ahead of both of us and I finished ahead of Alex. I had to race off to get to Caroline's soccer game, so I wasn't able to stretch with the group.

My Garmin went FUBAR going up Congress and going across the MoPac foot bridge so I used Topo Fusion to estimate my mileage. I know my last 3 miles were in the 7:30-7:50 range so I was able to pick it up a bit at the end.

Stats - 15.26 miles/2:07:30/8:21 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home