Monday, March 13, 2006

Wilke

Today we met at 5:45 at RunTex for our Wilke workout. We haven't done these since before Freescale. Jay, Jennifer, Carrie, and a couple of other folks were the only ones that started at RunTex with me. The others started at the softball fields by Zilker. We got there did our drills and got directions from G. We were supposed to do 7 up, 3 backward, and 3 sprints at the top. I ran with Brian for the first few and then Jay joined us. This workout always reminds be of basketball practice in high shool and the awful suicide wind sprints. G was trying to correct my right foot doing awkward things and wanting me to align my left arm so that my right foot would land properly. I got it after a couple of tries. I did my 3 backwards and my quads were really burning. The little sprints got all the kinks out and made my legs feel really good.

We jogged back in a big pack and then Jay and I finished up by ourselves from Barton Springs to RunTex. I headed to the gym, did some abs, some arms, and some light stretching. It was a really good day and I feel great. Gilbert is right when he says this workout really helps loosen up your hips. My hips were tight all weekend after the long run and now they feel awesome!

Stats - 8.67 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home