Saturday, March 11, 2006

LSR

Well after eating a huge meal of cheese enchiladas, queso, and a big Mexican martini last night, I get an email from Jay saying that we have to do Mountain Bonnell instead of an easy 10 miles. I knew I was in for a rough day, but was kind of looking forward to running long since I have the new 10 mile race next weekend.

We met at 6AM instead of 7AM and headed out on the trail. I ran with Ann the first couple of miles, but then had to back off since she was pushing the pace a little bit too hard for me. I backed off a bit and ran by myself for most of the way. I drank some enervitene at mile 4 and then got some water from another training group along the scenic route. I got to Mt. Bonnell drive and had to walk a bit, but regained my strength and got to the top. I drank some Powerade and waited for some other Gazelles to arrive. Jay was the first up the road and the Ann came back from the other side. I ran with her back down and down Exposition to Lake Austin Blvd. We got more Powerade at O'Henry and then I had to make a pit stop at the Randall's (damn Mexican Food). I finished strong running the last two miles in the 7 minute range.

I did 5 strides and then joined the group for stretching at Auditorium shores. It was nice to go long again. I really enjoy those runs of 12-16 miles. Below that is too short and above that hurts too much the next day.

Splits - 9:30, 7:28, 9:29, 8:38, 8:28, 8:37, 8:44, 8:54, 8:18, 8:15, 8:06, 8:12, 7:26
Stats - 13.51 Miles/1:54:18/8:27 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home