Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Crosstraining and Weights

Today...my last day of being 40, I slept late and didn't run. I felt guilty after I took my shower so I threw my workout clothes in my gym bag for a possible nooner at the club. I headed over at around 10:30 for a very quick workout so I could make noon mass for ash Wednesday. I did 30 minutes/3.2 miles on the elliptical trainer, lifted weights with my arms, and did some ab work. I finished off with some light stretching. I felt really good after the workout and am going to stick to every other day running until next week. I am still feeling something in my right hip/glute...nothing major, but it is there.

As I look back on my 40th year, 4th as a runner, I am very proud of my accomplishments. I had either distance or course PRs in every race I ran but two. One of those was the week before Chicago and the other was a night race in July. I set two marathon PRs as well which really makes me happy. All the other PRs are nice, but the marathon is the race that I measure myself with. I know my next year of running will be just as productive with a great coach and supportive friends and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home