Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Hey Bud Let's Party!"

So another year older...and another year better. I always get a bit nostalgic on my birthday and this day isn't any different. Last night I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High on DVD and really enjoyed it. It is an all time favorite movie of mine and a time caspule of my junior year in high school...those were great times in my life. I shared them with 4 great friends (Dan, Rick, and Targioni) plus a cast of other folks I went to school or worked with. One of those friends passed away last June and he was the "Spiccoli" of the bunch. Seeing the movie brought back many memories of our days in high school...RIP Rick!

Anyway, today I slept until 6:30, took the kids to school and headed out for my yearly birthday run. I wasn't feeling so hot due to a rough night sleeping so I had no idea what to expect as far as distance. It was in the high 50s and feeling warmer than that when I headed out. I changed into a short sleeve shirt before taking off. I went out on my usual 4 mile loop and decided to go longer. I headed north on Escarpement, went all the way to Davis and came back home for a total of 7 miles. I ran it just under one hour and the last few miles were in the low 8:00 range. I am finally starting to feel my legs back again. I am a little excited to rejoin the group next week, but am going to miss sleeping late.

Stats - 7.09 Miles/59:55/8:27 pace

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

March 02, 2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

Thanks...where did your BLOG go?

March 07, 2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home