Thursday, June 01, 2006

5 Year Running Anniversary

Today is the 5th anniversary of when I started running. I know it was only run walking back then, but it is the day I started. I weighed 260 pounds back then and remember buying my first pair of running shoes back in Portland. We stopped off at a running store and Carla and the kids waited in the car thinking I was joking. The guy pulled out a bunch of cushioning shoes and had me run back and forth in the parking lot. I ended up buying a pair of Gel Cumulus and the rest is history. I ran my first 5k in early July of that year for my first race. It is hard to believe that I have run 8 marathons and numerous races of all distances. I have completed two Hood to Coast Relays as well. Running is still a way of life for me and I am thankful for making the life change back then.

Today is also the first day that I haven't run on my anniversary. My leg is feeling a lot better, but I am not running on it until I can walk with no pain and the area feels normal and not tight. I think that will probably be this weekend for some light running on the beach.

So I want to thank all my friends along the way and also my coaches, John Gallagher, Mac Allen, and Gilbert Tuhabonye. You have all added a very special touch to my running and my life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Happy Anniversary!

June 02, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Happy Anniversary Frank!!! It has been one hell of a life-changing experience.

June 06, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Happy Anniversary Frank!

June 06, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

Thanks to all of you!

June 10, 2006 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home