Thursday, June 15, 2006

Recovery Run

Today I met a few folks for a recovery run. There were only a few of us, but it was a good run anyway. Anne, Brian and a friend were there and we did the run counterclockwise on the trail. I was not feeling good at all...really tired and sluggish. I lagged back behind Anne and Brian's friend for the first part. We stopped for warm water at the Pfluger bridge and then again at the Rock. The cool water and a quick shower at the rock reinvigorated me and Anne and I finished at a nice clip. We did a couple of strides, snagged a couple of the new cool Gazelle bags and then I headed home.

I went to see Dr. Mullins about my ankle and the visit turned out good. I don't have an weakness in any of the muscles down there. He did some ultrasound and yanked on my toes, leg, ankle and cracked my back. I am supposed to ice it after running and then again at night. It is supposed to eventually heal, but I have to watch my form and make sure I don't bobble on it when I run.

Stats - 7 miles/58:37/8:22 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home