Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Recovery Run

I met a decent size group of folks at RunTex for the Tuesday recovery run. I was really tired this morning, but got up so I can get my body used to 5x5:00AM wakeups again. I do well once I am in the routine, but once I get off it takes a couple of weeks to get it back together. My ankle injury and vacation had me out of rhythm the past few weeks, but I am going to attempt to get on a roll starting this week. I have a long way to go to get ready for a BQ attempt at Chicago.

Anyway, we headed out clockwise on the trail and did the 7 mile loop. The pace was kind of slow, but we picked it up a bit after the Rock. We stopped for some very warm water at the Pfluger bridge and the group stopped again before I-35, but I kept going. I had to get back to make an 8AM meeting. I picked it up even more to get back on time. I ran into this homeless guy on the I-35 bridge who kind of freaked me out. He was screaming...swearing at something, and I tried to avoid him as much as possible when I went passed him.

Stats - 7 Miles/1:02:44/8:58

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home