Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rest and Quick Gym Workout

I had planned to get up early and meet our informal group for a 7 mile recovery run this AM. My plans changed late last evening when I started getting some shooting pains in my left hip. They would wake me up when I moved in bed so my sleep was interrupted quite a bit last night. My alarm went off at 5 and I just turned it off. I got up at 7:30 and rushed through 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer, leg extensions, calf raises, abs and some brief stretching. My hip is still acting weird this morning and is probably some nerve thing again, but hopefully nothing major. I may run short tomorrow morning to make up for today or just hit the gym.

The good news is that my morning weight was 197 at the gym this morning so I am already only two pounds heavier than last year's Chicago Marathon weight of 195. My goal is 185 by 10/1 and I think that is totally doable at this point. My only concern is a week on our cruise in July where they have 24 hour food and I won't be able to run long. I will be stuck on a 1/9th mile track or the treadmill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home