Monday, July 17, 2006

First Pace Run of the Summer Season

Today we met at 5:45 for our first pace run of the fall season. The drill was to run 10 miles total, a 2 mile warmup, 6 miles at comfortable pace, and the last 2 miles a bit harder. We ran an easy two miles as a group and then we split off. I started with Anne, Shannon, Thon, Amy and Carrie, but once we got going I decided to go faster than their starting pace of about 8:40. I know my MGP so I decided to run it from the start. I stopped at the Holly Dam for a potty break where Thon and Shannon caught up with me. I went ahead again from there. The instant readings on my Garmin were giving me slow times, but the mile splits were right where I needed them. I stopped for a quick drink at the Pfluger bridge and also stopped at the Rock. I also stopped at the Rock for some water and saw Anne coming in. I was able to drop the last mile down to 7:19, but I was definitely working hard. My legs felt tired, but I was very consistent and that is what I needed to do for this workout. I want to get these runs down to where I am running at least a 7:30 pace comfortably.

I did 6 strides and then headed to they gym for a complete stretch as well as 125 ab repetitions.

Mile Splits for 8 miles - 7:46, 7:41, 7:28, 7:37, 7:41, 7:43, 7:40, 7:19

Stats - 10.18 Miles/1:20:51/7:56 pace
8 mile portion - 1:01:09/7:39 pace
AHR - 149
MHR - 169

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home