Monday, July 10, 2006

Wilke...Hot, Humid, Wilke!

Today we met at 5:45 for our journey to Wilke. This week is a really tough week. We had Wilke this AM, the Tempo Race on Weds, and the run to 2222 and back on Saturday. It should be around a 45 mile week. The weather was really warm, humid and just sticky. It said 76 in my car when I got to RunTex.

I ran over with Anne, we did our drills and we were told to do 7 forward, and 3 backward. I took my singlet off since it was soaking wet and ran without a shirt. I was probably jiggling a bit, but I didn't need the extra weight of a drenched shirt going up the hill. I really focused on my form which is exactly what I needed to do with my twisted ankles. My left ankle flared up from the camber of the road on Saturday's long run, and my right ankle has a twinge from stepping in a hole during strides on Saturday. I finished off 4 and stopped for water. I did the last 3 and didn't get yelled at at all from G...I must be doing them right! I did two backward and G said two was enough. I ran back with Brian, Rachel, Emily and a few other folks at a really relaxed pace. I headed off to the gym where I did most of the stretching routine and my 100 ab workout and 15 pushups. I will get in another 35 at home tonight.

Stats - 8.1 Miles
AHR -
MHR -

Post run weight - 197 (lots of water loss today!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home