Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Easy Running

Today I showed up at 6AM at RunTex for a 7 mile recovery run. It was a ghost town except for Emily. We waited a few minutes and Brian showed up. We waited until almost 6:10 and then took off clockwise on the trail. It was warm and humid again and as I did last year, this will be my last post about weather unless it is something other than hot and humid. Emily peeled off at the Congress bridge and Brian and I finished the loop. I headed over to the gym and did leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises on the machine - dual and single, calf raises on the pull up machine, pullups, 120 abs, and some light stretching. I will save my 60 pushups for home this evening.

Stats - 7.09 miles/1:05:18/9:13 pace
AHR - 128
MHR - 148
Morning weight 196

RANT
I went by RunTex after lunch today to pick up a new pair of shoes. As usual they didn't have my size in stock. I know it has been at least a year since I have walked in there off the street and walked out with a pair of shoes. I want to support RunTex, but this is really old. Academy had 4 or 5 pair of size 12 Asics GT 2110s on their shelves this past weekend, but I didn't buy them. It makes no sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home