Saturday, July 08, 2006

LSR to Mt. Bonnell

Today we met at 6AM and were off to do either Scenic or Mt. Bonnell, 12-14 miles. I decided early on to do the Mountain. The weather was mid 70s and humid as hell. I ran with Anne for the early part and we were joined by a new person named Steve. He ran Boston this year, but said he hasn't run since so he is working himself back into shape. We stopped for water on Lake Austin where I ate my first Carboom. We headed into the hill of scenic where we stopped for a brief potty break. We stopped again for water at the cleaners and headed up Mt. Bonnell. We stopped for water at the top and headed down the other side to Balcones and took that way home. I went ahead a bit on Exposition, but we were all together again at the O'Henry water stop. I ate my second Carboom and it was time for the fast finish. Anne took off ahead of me and Steve was behind me. I was able to drop the last 3.5 miles all under 7:45 which was good. My legs were burnt after the Bonnell climb and I didn't know what to expect for the fast finish. I passed Anne after the foot bridge and finished strong to the mile zero marker. I did some strides and then ran back to RunTex to get my stuff for stretching.

G was doing some balance and form drills so I did some of those and then jumped out to visit with Wish for a bit. Jay led us in the full stretch routine and it was time to head out. Carried cracked me up as we were leaving. She has a great sense of humor. I stopped at Jack and Adams to get some new sunglasses. The folks there are really nice and very friendly. I did my 100 abs at home and iced my left ankle as I watched the tour.

Next week brings Wilke, the Tempo Race, and an 18 miler to 2222 and back...rough week!

Stats - 13.5 miles/1:52:54/8:21 pace
AHR - 147
MHR - 170
Splits - 9:15, 8:43, 8:52, 8:33, 8:23, 8:26, 8:40, 8:17, 8:35, 8:17
Fast Finish - 7:43, 7:41, 7:36, 7:36 pace last half mile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home