Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fast Recovery Run

Today I met Anne at RunTex for a recover run. Some of the people that usually run the Recover Run did the Tempo Race today. Gilbert snatched a few of them up as they were arriving at 6AM. We went counterclockwise on the trail. We started out at recovery pace, but went slightly below that pace for the last 3-4 miles. My legs definitely feel tired today after a week of hard workouts. I am already at 28 miles this week and should around 45-46 for the week. Wilke and Tempo race in the same week really drain you.

I rushed off to work for an early meeting, but was still able to do some leg extensions and work my calves on the machine and standing. I did some light stretching and will do my abs and pushups at home tonight.

Tomorrow brings a much needed rest day before the 18 mile run to 2222 via Mt. Bonnell and back.

Stats - 7.11 miles/1:01:59/8:44 pace
AHR - 133
MHR - 148

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home