Saturday, July 01, 2006

Grove LSR

Today we met at RunTex for a 15-16 miler. The plan was to run the Grove loop and then add on a mile once we got to the Rock. The weather was back to warm and humid after a really nice week of cool mornings. All of my normal training posse was gone this weekend so I ran with Alex the whole way. G had water just past Grove and Riverside and I ate a CarBoom there. We headed off again and G was under I-35 for some more water. We stopped at the Rock before the out and back where I ate my second CarBoom. We ran out a mile and then turned around. We saw Brad and Jan on the way back and no one else. I think we were the only 4 people that attempted to get to 16 miles. My watch ended up with 15.64 miles which was a bit short of our 16 mile goal. We got back as the group was beginning stretching and did our strides. We got our stuff and were back in time to do the second half of the stretching routine with everyone.

I headed over to Deep Eddy with a few folks for a wonderful soak. It really helped my left knee and ankle. My legs felt really good afterward. After that is was home to get ready for my Mom and Dad to arrive.

Stats - 15.64 Miles/2:15:02/8:38 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home