Wednesday, August 16, 2006

2000s at Zilker

Today I met the group for 2000s at Zilker. We ran over, did our drills and G said 3-5 repeats, but later changed it to 4. I settled back into my normal pace group minus Anne and we were off. I forgot to check my McMillan chart for my time range, but ran how I felt and the first repeat was pretty easy. On the second one, I felt a surge going up the hill on the west side of the course and finished a lot faster. G said we were working too hard so I wanted to throttle back on the third repeat. Again, it didn't feel too hard which is really nice. He told us to drop the hammer on the last one and I really wanted to do sub 8:00 for the first time. Carrie and I took off together and were side by side through about the first 3/4 of the lap. I pulled away a little at the end hoping for my sub 8:00 and missed it by2 seconds. Overall it was a great day. I PR'd this workout by 3 seconds over my previous best average for 4 repeats and beat my previous best single repeat by 3 seconds as well.

Repeats - 8:32, 8:08, 8:12, 8:01

I rested a bit after the repeats and headed back with Jan, Brad, and Colleen. I hit the gym on the way to work and did my abs, 3x10 dips, and 10 pullups. I also did an abbreviated stretch. I am really feeling good and am looking forward to finishing my training strong.

Stats - 8.15 Miles
AHR - 140
MHR - 175

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home