Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Easy Running

Today I got to the lake a little after the 5:45 meeting time and met Brian and Alex. We were getting ready to roll when G showed up and wanted to show me how to do some crazy pull ups where you work on your abs. Well the fact is, I can't do a pull up...never have been able to do them. I was having flashbacks to the Presidents Council on Physical Fitness tests we used to have in grade school. I think they were once a year and I dreaded them. There were a series of relays, runs, sit ups, push ups, and etc. that you had to do in a certain time. Every year I would get up on the pull up bar and just hang until the coach would let me down. Only once, in eighth grade did I do a pull up and only because I was tall and when I jumped up grabbed on and kept on going. Alex hopped up and showed us how to do them. Brian was able to do the pull up part, but the ab part was a little harder. I got up there and hung until G assisted me with a couple of straight pull ups. I have been working on these with the pull up assist at the gym, but my smallish arms can't pull up 200 pounds yet.

So for the run, as we were doing the pull up thing Rachel got there and joined us. We ran at a really slow pace around the 7 mile loop this morning still feeling the effects of yesterday's run. We got some warm water at Pfluger and then got a few cups of colder water at the Rock. We did two sets of strides on the trail because the grass was really wet and I headed to the gym. I did some leg exercises, pull ups, abs, and then some light stretching.

Stats - 7.17 miles/1:08:47/9:35 pace
AHR - 121
MHR - 139

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home