Saturday, September 16, 2006

Backdown Week - Scenic

Today the heat and humidity came back with a vengeance. I predicted this weather change since this is ACL weekend and the weather is always crappy with either hotter than normal temps or rain. This is a backdown week so we ran the scenic loop with the Bonnell option. I took off with Marcy and Alex, and we were joined by a couple of other ladies that are doing Chicago and I think new to the Gazelles. I found out that Anne is out of her marathon due to injury which is sad news. She was running strong. My hamstring was still hurting, but it felt OK on the flats and only flared on the uphills. We stopped for water at the Rock and then near the Hula Hut where I at my first CarbBoom. We stopped again at the cleaners and made our way up to Mt. Bonnell. I took it slow and got up just a bit after Alex and Marcy. We drank more and then jogged to the trailhead to wait for Alex. The other folks took off, but Marcy and I waited. We headed down Balcones, stopped again at the cleaners and then flipped a gel package to determine if we ran Pecos or 35th. The flip said 35th and we were off. We stopped again at O'Henry and then we were off for the finish. I picked it up a bit with Marcy and we skipped the Rock water stop since I was in a hurry to get to Caroline's soccer game. We picked it up a bit and I felt pretty good. My right hip, glute or whatever was really tight and it feels like the tightness I had last year. I need to see how it feels after the pace run on Monday and maybe go see the chiropractor before the race.

Stats - 13.6 miles/1:58:12/8:41 pace
AHR - 141
MHR - 169

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I love the flip of the gel packet! What was it, label side or ingredients? :-)

September 17, 2006 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home