Monday, September 18, 2006

Rainy, Sloppy Run

Today was supposed to be another 2/8 pace run, but the weather didn't allow that to happen. A storm rolled through last night that was supposed to be finished by the early AM. When I started driving it was sprinkling, but near the lake it was a full rain event. A few of us heartier souls showed up for the workout and G sent us out for the 2/8 run, but said not to worry about time since the trail was a mess. I set out with Marcy and we pretty much had soaked shoes by the Congress bridge. We encountered many areas where the trail was totally under water and had to start and stop a bunch of times. It was really hard to find a good rhythm. I took a spill on the north side of the trail near I-35 after coming out of one of those damn drainage areas. I caught one of my feet and skinned up my left knee a bit, but nothing major. I was happy it was on the trail and not on the road...plus the ground seemed softer since I landed on a wet trail. We walked for a few seconds and then started up again. We stopped for water under I-35 and then near AHS where the water was flowing good into Town Lake. We tried to pick it up for the finish and got into the low 8:00s, but that was about it.

Although I wasn't near my MGP, I think someone was looking down on me. I am nursing some slight hamstring/glute pain and the slower pace today didn't do any harm and I feel great. I think Marcy is in the same boat so it was a good day for her as well. I did some strides and then headed to the gym for some ab work and stretching.

We have less than 5 weeks to go and I am looking forward to getting the 20+ miler out of the way this Saturday. Once that is complete, I just need to heal up and get focused for race day.

Stats - 10.17 Miles/1:29:57/8:51 pace
8 mile stats - 1:09:43/8:43 pace (about a minute off my dry pace)
AHR - 135
MHR - 155

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home