Saturday, October 07, 2006

LSR - 14 Miles

Well it's two weeks to go and we were down for 12-15 miles today. The main group did an out and back up Shoal Creek. Marcy, Alex, and two new ladies, Kelly and Charlotte decided to do the 7 mile trail loop plus the scenic loop. Kelly has run with us before and is doing Chicago, but I didn't meet her until today. The weather was nice, but I was a tired from the start. Carla broke her foot yesterday so I it was a harried afternoon and evening for the family. I didn't get to sit down until after 9PM.

As for the run, I planned for an easy cruise just to get the mileage in and was able to get through it. We stopped for water at the Rock on the way out where I ate a CarBBoom, along Lake Austin, and then at the Cleaners. We hit O'Henry on the way back and then the Rock again. At one point Marcy and Kelly took off while Alex and I helped a soldier with directions to Camp Mabry. We kind of threw down to pass them as we got to the water stop at O'Henry during mile 10. It was probably a dumb thing to do. I ran the rest of the way in with Kelly and Charlotte as Marcy and Alex finished stronger. I did some strides and then took some pictures with the group.

My left leg hurt the rest of the day and I think it was from Exposition. The camber of that road just makes my calf feel like crap. The pick up towards O'Henry probably didn't help.

Carla has to see an ortho surgeon on Weds to see what she needs to do to get it fixed.

Stats - 14 Miles/2:00:47/8:37 pace
AHR - 134
MHR - 159 (during the pickup)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home