Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fartleks

Today was supposed to be a recovery run after my pseudo speed workout yesterday, but I got to RunTex and there was a big posse doing 1:1 fartleks. I decide to do that instead since Brian was there for that workout. We did a pretty quick warmup and then waited for Leslie's group of ladies to hit the trail by the hotel. We joined them for the workout led by Leslie. I led a couple of the fartleks and followed most of the way. The trail was a bit torn up from the rain so I had a couple of near ankle twisting landings. We stopped right after the foot bridge and then casually jogged in. I had to get to a meeting so I skipped the strides. I did a couple of sets of ab stuff, stretched and called it a day.

Tomorrow is a rest day, Saturday is our little run and then Sunday is race day. I haven't thought about race goals, but I am going to run it hard and try and break my 1:35 PR from last year.

Stats - 7.14 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home