Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nice 7 at Home

Today I got an extra 45 minutes of sleep and ran my 7 miles from the house. I did my usual 3.5 out and back north on Escarpment. I really like the route because the first 1.5 miles are flat to a little uphill, the next 2 are downhill, and then you have to climb back up on the return trip 2 miles before a flat to downhill section. The weather was in the high 50s which was perfect. My legs seem to like that a lot more than the cold we had yesterday. I cruised along the mid 8 range for the first part and then picked it up on the return trip home. I like climbing the gradual hills and it was nice when I crested near the Starbucks for the last 1.5 miles. I got home and did my exercises on the stability ball, ab work, and push ups.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then 15 on Saturday. I may sneak in a 7 miler on Sunday morning so only have to run on the treadmill one time in Denver. I saw their weather forecast and there is no way I am running outside in the single digits.

Stats - 7 miles/57:30/8:13 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home