Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rest Days

Yesterday was a planned rest day after the 20 miler. I felt out of sorts all day long. I couldn't concentrate all day and was just out if it. I decided to take another rest day today and sleep in. I got up and did my weights and stability ball circuit at home as well as push ups and ab work. These new exercises that Carla taught me and the low stress ab exercises I read in the new issue of Runner's World seem to really be helping my lower back. It was tight after the race, but it felt good yesterday and even better today.

I think the two days off will really help as we head into the final 5+ weeks of training. I am looking forward to the marathon and my target goal is now 3:30. I think that would be a nice run given the new course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home