Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Recovery Run

Today I got to RunTex at 5:45 for an easy recovery run. Brian and Alex were there for the same thing so we talked to G for a bit and headed out. My right groin has been bothering me since Sunday afternoon, but after the day off it felt good this AM. The run was at a really nice pace. My legs were tired and I could feel the groin. I was really focusing on my form so I wouldn't aggravate the injury. We ran straight back to RunTex and blew off the strides. I headed to the gym and did some leg lifts and skipped the rest of the leg workout my legs were toast. I also did my ab work and a complete stretch. When I got to work and sat for a bit, my groin didn't feel so good. I was able to get in to see Lucy this afternoon and she worked me over pretty good. There is a knot in my right groin that she loosened up so I just need to watch it. Depending on how it feels tonight, I may skip the speedwork tomorrow and just jog the workout or just rest. I don't think it will have any affect on my marathon prep. The hard work is over and I should be good to go on race day.

Stats - 7.06 Miles/1:08:06/9:38 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home