Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shoal Creek Long Run

Today was our last really long run before the Indy half in two weeks. We met RunTex and headed off at 6AM. The weather was cool, humid, and overcast which was nice. The group was really small due to Boston being over and the OK City folks only doing 10 miles on the trail. Brian and I ran together the whole way and Alex was with us for a few miles. We made stops for water at O'Henry coming and going, and at the Jewish Center on Shoal Creek coming and going. We started out kind of quick, but pulled back a bit after we crossed over MoPac. My body wast tired from my gym workout yesterday which tells me that I shouldn't do that the day before a long run. I had to make a pit stop on Enfield for some stomach issues which wasn't fun. I didn't eat well on Friday and had a couple of beers. We picked up the pace after the pit stop going 8:18, 8:15, 7:54, and 7:29 for the last 4 miles. We did a couple of strides and called it a day.

Monday is a pace run and then we go into a bit of a taper with a shorter run next Saturday.

Stats - 16 miles/2:16:49/8:31 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home