Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Base Tempo Race

Today was the our first 4 mile tempo run of the fall season. G said it was a baseline run. I didn't know what to expect, but wanted to go all out and set the early bar high. We did a mile warmup and then did our drills. G lined us up and we were off. I felt pretty good going out and was in the top 5 or 6 people. I felt a little tired heading around Lou Neff Point and up the hill to the railroad tracks. Mile one was 6:59 and mile two was 7:12. I hit the turnaround point and wanted to hold my pace for the next mile and then finish strong. I ran a 7:15 third mile and once I crossed the foot bridge I tried to pick it up. I felt strong on the finish, but didn't increase my speed too much. I ended with a 28:13 and 3.95 miles on my Garmin. The last .95 mile pace was 7:06 so I did go a little faster. My time was 21 seconds slower than my PR, but 28 seconds faster than my baseline run from last June.

Tempo Race Stats (Garmin) - 3.95 miles/28:13/7:08 pace
AHR - 159
MHR - 169

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home