Saturday, May 26, 2007

Long Run

Today I met the group for an an out and back long run up Exposition and then up Shoal Creek. I wanted to average under 8:30 for the run and keep my pace under my anaerobic threshold. The weather wasn't too bad since we had a break from the rain. It was a bit humid, but the temps were mild.

For the run, I think I went out too fast trying to keep up with Rich and Alex and had a few miles just over 8 minutes. It was great to run with them again though and they will give me someone to chase over the summer. The hills of Exposition were really killer on the heart rate. Now I know where I lost my marathon during ATT in February. My max heart rate through that section was right at about 160 and I know I was running about 7:30 pace through that section in the marathon. My heart rate leveled off once we crossed over MoPac and then climbed a bit as we ran up Shoal Creek. I turned around right before Hancock and my heart rate really dropped off after that point as we headed down the hills. I had to stop for a small stomach issue on Exposition and I felt a lot better after that. I didn't do a fast finish, but kept the pace under 8:30.

When I got back to A-Shores I did some strides and then headed back to RunTex for stretching. It was a really good run and the best part was my back wasn't stiff at the finish. Hopefully the weight training is paying off.

Stats - 14.5 Miles/2:02:55/8:28 pace
AHR - 142
MHR - 162

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home