Saturday, June 02, 2007

LSR

Today we ran the 10 mile loop with the Exposition add on. It was really humid this morning, but still kind of cool out. I wanted to do this run in my heart rate zone 3 and 4. I started out fast again with Rich and Alex, but let them take off without me as we hit the trail in the east side of I-35. I ran by myself after that which kind of sucked. Hopefully there will be some folks that run at my pace for Chicago or it is going to be a long summer for me. My average heart rate went into the mid 140s for mile 3 and never went down. I stopped for a pee break at the Holly Power plant and headed off. A few folks passed me, but I caught them at the first water stop under I-35. My heart rate was in the high 140s from miles 5-10 and I was feeling tired. When I got back to the Rock I ran into Anne and Marcy and stopped for short visit. After I started again I was able to get my pace back down to the 8:30 range and my heart rate was in the low 140s.

When I finished I did some strides and then joined the group for some balance drills. I wasn't feeling so good so I half-assed the drills and snuck out when we were finished. I don't think I hydrated enough for the run and didn't stop for water enough. It was a good time to re-learn those lessons.

Stats - 13 miles/1:51:51/8:36 pace
AHR - 143
MHR - 157

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home