Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hilly LSR

Today we ran our pre Father's Day run from the Ann Richards School which means we start down on South Lamar, run down to the trail and back up through the Barton Hills. For the second straight year I woke up to heavy rain and thunderstorms. I got to the start area and couldn't find a place to park. By the time I parked the group was running by my car. I headed out and missed seeing most of my running buds. I was running alone and then caught up with a new Gazelles who just started this week. It turns out she goes to the same church as we do so we visited and ran together until we hit Barton Springs/Barton Hills. Since she is still building mileage, we separated there and I headed up the hills and she headed back towards Lamar and the school.

My heart rate wasn't in range the first few miles since we were heading downhill, but once the course flattened out and started to climb back out of the trail area it went into the correct range and higher through the hills. I stopped at the Rock for water and ate my one CarbBoom. Once I got in the hills I was pretty much alone until I got to the church and the 2nd water stop. I drank some water and Accelerade and headed on. I saw more people on the Barton Hills loop and passed some others on the way back to Lamar. I picked it up a little the last two miles and looped around the school and into the neighborhood so I could get my mileage up to 11 miles.

Overall it was a really nice run. The rain tapered off after the start and it was a nice and cool for the morning. I did some strides on the track at the school and then joined in the stretching. We took Jay out for breakfast for his birthday and enjoyed good food, a mimosa, and good friends.

Stats - 11.07 Miles/1:35:50/8:39 pace
AHR - 134
MHR - 155

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home