Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Vacation Running - 6/10-6/11

I took Saturday off and then ran on Sunday and Monday in South Padre Island while we were on our mini vacation. The first day I ran on the beach around 8:45 and it was already hot out there. Running on the beach was nice, but having to dodge waves and the uneven ground weren't too fun. It was cooler on the return trip, but I was working hard for such a short run. It may have been all the good food I had on Friday and Saturday plus the beverages.

On Monday I got up earlier to run before we hit the Schlitterbahn. I ran the first 2.5 miles on the beach and then headed up onto the road for the return trip. I found a quiet street that ran parallel to the main drag on South Padre. I was able to get into a good rhythm and pick up the pace without elevating my heart rate too much. Overall I had two good workouts while I was enjoying my vacation time.

6/10 Stats - 5.5 Miles/47:26/8:37 Pace
AHR - 141
MHR - 153

6/11 Stats - 5.63 Miles/48:12/8:34 Pace
AHR - 135
MHR - 149

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home