Monday, June 18, 2007

New Hill Workout

Today we met at RunTex to head over to the "Secret Hill." I haven't done this workout before so I was very curious to see where it was and what it was all about. We ran over to the parking lot behind Zilker and did our drills there. We then headed to the hill and G gave us our orders. This hill is a lot different than Wilke. It is a bit longer at 500 meters and it starts flat and gradually goes into a steep section. I liked it a lot better than Wilke because it is more like something you would see during a race. We did 4 repeats up the hill, 3 backwards, and 3 sprints. I ran with my new group including chasing Rachel up the hill. She has gotten so strong and I really enjoy running with her. Once I was done G demo'd this new harness to help work on our form. He put Rich in it first and I made a smart comment to Rich about it and G said you're next. I got in the harness and it was actually pretty cool. I was able to pull G up the hill a bit. I jogged back with Rachel and Brian and called it a day. I did some ab work at home and some stretching. I am feeling really good!

Stats - 7.67 Miles
AHR - 128
MHR - 169

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home