Monday, June 25, 2007

Repeats at Wilke

Today was our second Monday in a row of hill workouts. This week we headed to Wilke which is not my favorite workout. I like the long warm up and cool down, but the hill just sucks. The road is really uneven and rutted out. The weather was very humid and we were hit with a few passing showers. They were actually kind of nice except for making the roads slick. I jogged over ahead of the group wanting to get my heart rate up. Amy caught up with me at Zilker and then we were passed by a few folks. Since we ran from RunTex we didn't have to do drills and started the workout which consisted of 7 forward, 3 backward, and then 3 short sprints. I started out near the front and was only passed by Alex and the other fast guy who were flying up the hill. I stayed consistent in my effort which showed in my heart rate. The graph shows max HR consistently at 160-162 for each repeat. I completed all 7 repeats and then hit it backward. G yelled at me to make sure my heel hit the ground. Once those were complete I did the 3 sprints really quickly. I was tired, but felt good. I ran back with Rachel at a decent clip and we had a great chat along the way.

Stats - 8.74 Miles
AHR - 133
MHR - 162

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home