Saturday, July 07, 2007

Lucky 7/7/07 Long Run

Today was a back off week for our long run. We took a different route today with the option of going a little over 10 miles or just under 13 miles. My left glute/hip has been sore since after my Thursday run and it was sore this morning. I am starting to get into a good groove with my running mates for Chicago and the folks doing NYC. Today I ran with Dan, Rachel, Vasil, and Brad among others. We headed out on the north side of the trail and then across Lake Austin to the scenic route. I was able to get into the right HR zone during mile 3 and kept it there the rest of the run. We cut up on River road through to Pecos and back to Enfield and to the trail. I opted for 13 miles and we finished up heading east on the trail towards I-35 and back to Runtex. We got hit with a nice, cooling shower on Riverside towards the finish. Once the rain stopped we did some strides and drills in the parking lot. I did half the stretch routine and then stood in line to get my hip worked on by a Laurie from Performance Wellness. She did some ART manipulations and I felt a lot better.

Stats - 12.87 miles/1:50:54/8:37 pace
AHR - 138
MHR - 156

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home