Tuesday, August 14, 2007

10 Mile Recovery Run + Weights

Today I met Alex for a 10 mile recovery run on the trail. When the alarm clock went off this morning I was thinking screw this, but then told myself I can sleep as much as I want after I qualify for Boston on 10/7. Until then I need to stick to my training schedule as much as possible. The goal for the run was the same as yesterday except for an additional 3 miles. We headed out counter-clockwise towards I-35 and it took a couple of miles to get warmed up. My legs didn't have as much zip in them as yesterday, but I was able to hold my pace in the 8:30 range and keep my heart rate in the right zone for most of the run. Once we finished we did 4 long strides and headed back to RunTex. I hit the gym for my weight training. I have been doing 3x10 step ups every gym workout and that seems to be helping my glute problem that flares my lower back pain. The weights went pretty well, but I am really tired after running over 37 miles over the last 4 days. I got home and did my ab work with the girls which was fun. They see Carla and I doing abs every day and now want to join in.

Stats - 10.21 miles/1:27:40/8:35 pace
AHR - 135
MHR - 149

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home