Monday, August 13, 2007

LSR Recovery Run

Today we met for a recovery run on the trail. G wanted us to be back in an hour for drills at Auditorium Shores. I took off with Alex and wanted to stick with my new definition of recovery run which means that I want to run so that my heart rate is in zone 3 and 4 for the run. This means HR in the range of 134 to 148. It was another really warm morning since we finally hit 100 yesterday in Austin. My legs felt good and we were moving at a pretty good clip. Alex pulled away a bit once we crossed the lake, but still in sight. I was running within my own goals and still felt good. I got a bit carried away in mile 4 and ran an 8:15, but once I saw my HR shoot up I slowed down. I stopped for water at the Rock and continued on.

Once I finished I got some water and waited for everyone else to come in. G put us through 10 strides, hopping, and form exercises. Those went very well for me and I really enjoyed them. When I got home I took Caroline to the soccer fields to run some wind sprints. I set up a little "line drill" course for her and she ran 9 sets after two loops around the field as a warmup. It was a good morning of exercise.

Stats - 6.94 miles/58:47/8:28 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home