Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Tempo Run

Today we did the dreaded Tempo Run. It was very warm and humid this morning so I didn't know what to expect. We also did a different route by running on the 7 mile loop with an approximately 3 mile warmup and then the 4 mile race. I warmed up with Carrie, Anne, Brian and Rachel. I think we jumped the start because our warmup was only 2.86 miles at 9:55 pace. We started and Carrie shot out front and I never saw her again. She is really running strong. I am very happy for her, but at the same time wondering what I am doing wrong. There are many people that I have run with over the last 3 years that have blasted past me and onto bigger and better things. Anyway, back to the run. I just couldn't get it going and it turned out to be a 4 mile pace run. Rachel killed me as well. My splits were 7:38, 7:36, 7:39, 7:35 which was a 7:37 average. The overall time was my worst tempo runs at 30:28. Once we finished, we did a 1.16 mile cool down and some strides.

Tempo Run Stats - 4 miles/30:28/7:37 pace
AHR - 157
MHR - 170

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home