Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Week Recap 12/25 - 12/29

Christmas Day - Tuesday - 12/25
First of all, Merry Christmas. I hope Santa brought all of you nice boys and girls what you hoped for!

After seeing what Santa brought us and opening up gifts, I went out for a quick run around the neighborhood. I always love running on Christmas day. It always seems so fresh outside and it is nice to say "Merry Christmas" to every one you run into. There were a few folks out walking and running, but most of the regulars I see out there were probably still inside.

Stats - 5.5 miles/47:02/8:33 pace
AHR - 131
MHR - 146

Wednesday - 12/26
Today I went for another short run around the neighborhood to keep my daily runs going as I go for 2000 miles this year. It is definitely within reach.

Stats - 5.15 miles/43:30/8:26 pace
AHR - 135
MHR - 153

Thursday - 12/27
Today I met Jay and Rachel for an easy 7 miler on the trail. We started at 9:15 after I dropped Caroline off at soccer camp. The morning started out really cold, but I was pretty warm about half way into the run. My left knee hurt right as we started, but the pain went away after awhile.

Stats - 7.01 miles/1:03:17/9:02 pace
AHR - 132
MHR- 161

Friday - 12/28
I dropped Caroline off at camp again today so I hit the trail a little after 9:00. Alicia was there and we ran from the Rock to Congress together and then she peeled off. I finished the 7 mile loop and called it a day. I am now less than 20 miles from 2000. My knee is still sore so not good news. I iced it all afternoon and hopefully it will hold up for tomorrow's hilly run.

Stats - 7.11 miles/1:01:08/8:36 pace
AHR - 136
MHR - 157

Saturday - 12/29
Today I met the ATT group for their long run up to Mt. Bonnell and back. I visited with Ann and Marcy a bit and then settled in with Jay, Brian, and Amy. My left knee is still sore so I wanted to take it easy and not push the pace. Given the way I have been eating and drinking since the marathon I doubt if I could have gone much faster. I am really enjoying my easy running, "beverages," and good (bad) food, but know I need to get back on my program on January 2nd. The run went well although my stomach blew up about 4 miles into the run. Brian and I stuck together and caught Jay and Amy at the top of Bonnell. Brian picked it up on the way back and the 3 of us finished most of the remaining run together. My knee felt good the entire run, but got stiff as the day wore on. I iced it off an on all day and will rest tomorrow before running at least 5.04 miles on Monday to get to 2000 for the year.

Stats - 14.65 miles/2:15:56/9:16 pace
AHR - 131
MHR - 174

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home