Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. No running to write about today. We had a blast last night at the Hyatt Lost Pines resort near Bastrop. We went with a couple of other families and had a blast. I actually played golf again for the first time in two years and actually shot a 57 for 9 holes on a tough course in very windy conditions...seems like weather screws with all my sports. :)

For the evening we had a few beverages and then headed to a really nice family dinner. We joined the kids for carnival games, many camp fires, smore making, dancing and finally a Shiner toast with fireworks for the 11PM NYC ball drop on big screen TV near the pool. It was a really nice event and we plan on making it a yearly event.

As I mentioned before no running today. I am going to do my marathon recovery 3 weeks late while I monitor my sore knee. I will hit the gym again on Thursday along with all the other "resolutionists" and get back on my program.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year and I wish you the best for 2008! I am looking forward to a great year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home