Sunday, August 10, 2008

8/08/08

I heard 8/08/08 is supposed to be a lucky day or something. That is why the Olympics started on 8/8 in Beijing. 8/8/08 was cool to me because I took the day to head to San Antonio with my family. First I met Brian for an early morning tour of Lady Bird Lake. We met at 6AM at the Rock and headed out for 12 miles of fun. The run was fun...seeing the sun rise and we had some good conversation to keep us going. We got to the far east part of the 10 mile loop and crossed under road for a little out and back of a mile to get us to 12 miles for the day. We were at the mercy of the warm water at the fountains, but it was bearable. There was no fast finish or anything...just a day of getting the miles in.

Stats - 12.2 miles/1:53:20/9:17 pace
AHR - 132
MHR - 152

As for San Antonio, we took the girls to Six Flags Fiesta Texas for a day of fun. Unfortunately the first roller coaster, the wooden "Rattler," kicked my ass and messed up my back. During one point, it whipped me and I felt like I was in a car wreck. I was pretty much done for the day. The girls rode more rides and we called it a day around 3PM since it was hotter than hell out there. We checked into the Westin La Cantera resort and enjoyed a nice couple of hours at the pool where I was able to down a couple of Tecate beers...my idea of fun! We hit Pappasito's for dinner and some Pacificos and then back to the room for some Olympic fun. On Saturday morning we spent about 3 hours at the pool before we took off. It was a nice little break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home