Saturday, November 01, 2008

24 Miler

Today we decided to do something different in our training. We usually max out around 22 miles before a marathon, but today we decided to shoot for 24 miles. I plan on running a 3:30 or less marathon in Dallas, so I figured I want to be on my feet for at least 3:30 on a training run to give my mind and body a boost. We ran the first part of the Austin marathon course and then did the western section up Shoal Creek to White Rock and a little loop near the softball fields adjacent to MoPac. We finished up by doing reverse Scenic. We hit the hill right at mile 19 which is where the final climb in Dallas is. I felt good the whole run although I felt a bit tired at points. Rachel, Brian, Lisa, and me stuck together for most of the run with Brian and Rachel pulling away a bit at the end. I finished with some faster than the overall average miles. I didn't have a fast finish in me, but today was about getting the miles in and time on my feet.

Rachel, Lisa, and I joined some other 24 mile finishers for stretching after a few strides. I felt a lot better after that. I was sore throughout the day, but not too bad for running almost a marathon.

Stats - 23.87 Miles/3:40:49/9:14 pace
AHR - 131
MHR - 158

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Stewart said...

Hey Frank - best of success on the 3:30 goal in Dallas. Your heartrate looks good to me on your slow long run.

FYI - I set a PR last month in the Portland Marathon at 3:44. Would like to run 3:30 some time in the next 16 months so I can run Boston 2010.

See you out there.

Intel Dave

November 03, 2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

Thanks! Congrats on your PR at Portland. It would be great if you can get a BQ time for 2010. That is when I plan on running it since I turn 45 in March of 2010.

November 03, 2008 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home