Saturday, March 14, 2009

Catch Up - Week of 3/9 - 3/14

3/9 - Mile Repeats at Arbor Trail
Today I did mile repeats at the little trail that runs around Costco and Chuy's in SW Austin. The trail is about 1.4 miles and is really convenient since it is across the street from 24 Hour Fitness. I warmed up for about 15 minutes and then set out. I did 4x1 Mile with 2 minutes rest in between. My splits were 7:35, 7:32, 7:28, 7:18. I did a mile cool down and headed to the gym to lift; both arms and legs.
Stats - 6.7 miles

3/10 - Wish Workout in Circle C
I am going to start calling this the Wish workout since I try and run it with Wish until he drops me. We start out by running about 6 miles easy. We follow that with a mile at moderate pace, with a little jog in between. Then we take off for the remainder of the run at a fast pace; about 2.5 - 3 miles with a little cool down at the end. I did the moderate part OK, but died on the fast pace piece. I lost Wish and took a shorter route home. My fast miles were in the 7:40 range, so not so fast. I did about a half mile cool down. This is definitely something I can improve on.
Stats - 9.45 miles/1:22:24/8:43 overall pace

3/11 - Treadmill Run
The cold front and rain moved in this AM, so I ran on the treadmill. I did 4x4 minute fartleks during a 50 minute run. I varied the speed in the 7:00 range so it was a good workout. I followed that by weights and abs.
Stats - 6.15 miles/50:00/8:08 pace

3/12 - Easy Run in SW Austin
I ran my usual 8+ mile route in SW Austin with Wish. It was raining and cold and I was soaked to the bone. I haven't been this wet or cold in a long time. This drought Austin is in has us spoiled. I got home and hopped directly into the shower to get warm. I was glad I went out and ran today...mental toughness.
Stats - 8.5 miles/1:14:54/8:48 pace

3/13 - Crosstraining and Weights
Today I hit the gym for 45 minutes on the elliptical and weights. I am really enjoying this crosstraining day instead of taking a day off. I think it will help me lose weight and make me stronger since I will be running my long Saturday runs a little more tired.

3/14 - Long Run
I met Marcy, Brian, and Anne for a Scenic tour. It's been a long time since did this run and it was nice to do it with friends. We did the usual scenic route and then came back via Pecos. It was still cold outside, but nice weather for a run. This is probably our last really cold morning until next winter. We did a couple of strides and then I headed home.
Stats - 11.34 miles/1:38:57/8:41 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home