Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekly Rants and Raves

Below are just some random thoughts that I am going to start posting weekly along with my running log.

  • Congratulations to the Arizona Wildcats for making the NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament for the 25th year in a row. They started their run while I was still in college at Arizona. I know a lot of people are complaining that they got in, but they have an awesome resume and have an awesome story since they are on their 3rd coach in 3 years.
  • Congratulations to my daughter Emma who was accepted into one of the local Austin magnet schools for next year.
  • I don't understand why some Governors who are interested in the Presidency in 2012 are using stimulus money as a political weapon. Their states need the money and it is ridiculous. Texas' Governor Perry is one of those guys. I have met the man a few times and like that he is one us runners here in Austin, but shunning money that can assist people out of work in Texas is just plain dumb.
  • I can't believe it is already spring break. It seems like we were just celebrating Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, NCAA Tournament time is my second "most wonderful time of the year." I am glued to the TV all 4 weekends.
  • I went to see the movie Watchmen last weekend. What a piece of crap. I slept through half of it and after leaving was asking what did I miss. Since the Witch Mountain movie was number one this past weekend I guess other people agree with me.
  • I am loving the NetFlix service. The movies get here quickly and you don't have to deal with the tools at the video stores. We just watched Recount with Kevin Spacey. What a really good movie. It is about how George Bush and his cronies stole the 2000 election in Florida. I wonder how different things would be now if Gore had actually been sworn in as President after he won the election.
  • One last political statement...Dick Cheney, go back to Wyoming and die. You are a tool and no one gives a crap what you think. You are a sicko!
Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home