Saturday, January 15, 2005

Easy 4 Miles and Stretching

Today was an easy, pre-race day. I met the group and we did an out and back to the MoPac bridge, 4 miles, from RunTex followed by a few strides. We met Gilbert for some stretching afterwards then it was time to pick up the race number.

I ran a couple of errands, grabbed lunch with Emma at Chick Fil A and then drove the 30k course. I remember most of it and saw a few parts I really hate...like the little detour at mile 4. Since I am the "new" pre-race, stress free Frank, I have not been obsessing about the race. I got home did a few things and retreated to the couch. I had a few snacks, lots of water and we had pizza for dinner...again my usual pre-long run food, so nothing special for the race.

I have already packed my race bag, mixed my drinks, and am ready to go. I have a couple of different shirt combinations in the bag since I don't know what to expect for the weather. I am thinking shorts and one long sleeve layer on top with gloves. I was pretty warm today when we did the 4 miles and I had tights and two layers on top.

Anyway, time to watch the next football game and stay off my feet. Just another long run tomorrow... :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home