Thursday, January 13, 2005

Easy Fartleks

Today was a really easy workout in preparation for the RunTex 30k. In fact, this week has been really easy. I guess Gilbert is helping us with a mini-taper for the big race on Sunday. We ran 1 hard/1 easy for 20 minutes. The weather was a lot colder than it has been with temps in the high 40s and a really strong north wind. Going from warm to cold really sucks. I wish the weather would stabilize for a bit. I ran the fartleks with Sean at a pretty easy clip. We did 6 strides afterwards and then did some form drills. I actually think I got it this time. I didn't feel like a baby pelican trying to walk.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then an easy 4 miles and stretching on Saturday. I really enjoy the little pre-race runs...totally relaxed and everyone is in a good mood in anticipation of the race. The cedar is starting to bug me...especially with itchy eyes. I need to get plenty of rest to avoid getting sick.

Total mileage = 5 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home